God has a sense of humor! When we finally get off ourselves and our abilities, He surprises us with something wonderful.
I am on a youth retreat with TBC at a camp called New Life Ranch. God's creation is everywhere and it is impossible to say 'there is no god', He is everywhere. After opening games and orientation for the kids, they had free time to get snacks from the store. As I picked up a candy bar for myself and Amy, I sat down with some adult friends to catch up. As we are sitting there the wife pops up with "we sent our first support check before we left". That may not sound all that special, but we met with them over a year ago to share the ministry and at that time they were gracious to share a one time gift with us, but were unable to help monthly. Now a year later, during a really low week connecting with people, hitting an all time high amount of folks saying 'no', calling on the Lord for His help, and He brings a monthly supporter out of the blue. God loves to bless us when we get off ourselves.
I was reading through "Leadership as an Identity" by Crawford Loritts this week. Throughout this book he keeps going over the fact that God can only use leaders who let God lead and stop using their own abilities to lead. That has really played out this weekend after a week of trying to do ministry myself.
Hal
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment