I guess it is about time for an update, much has taken place about a month early. I started work at FamilyLife on Monday and I was able to use those God given talents immediately. The first day I was able to help a co-worker with a Photoshop question, and today I will be helping another with Photoshop.
As for the video department (which is why we are at FamilyLife) I do my first shoot today and the projection is, we will save about 8 hours of editing time a week because I can use my directing skills immediately. God has put us in the right place at the right time.
Now, why am I at FamilyLife a month early? God blessed us with the completion of our support (2% from finishing) in the past few weeks. We did adjust some things, which made it possible to be this close and to minister now and our FamilyLife coaches gave us the 'go ahead' to begin work over the weekend. Thanks Tom! The first day was a little overwhelming looking at all the projects that need completion, but we will be able to knock a few out pretty quick.
Charlotte is still trying to get the house in order and do Christmas all at the same time. We still can't find a few of our Christmas lights, so another trip to the store. Many trips to Home Depot and Lowes to change a few things to our house to make it a home. I put mini binds up on the kitchen window last night, it really helped dress up the kitchen a little.
Charlotte and the girls went to Tulsa last week to see the dentist and connect the girls with some of their friends. That was good for everyone, but Amy is seeing Tulsa drift into her past.
The girls are doing great at home school, and Kristi's basketball team is really good. Their average point spread is over 50 points per game. This gives Kristi plenty of playing time, she scored 10 last night. Amy is busy cooking desserts and would do 2 or 3 a day if we let her, she did a pumpkin pie on Monday.
God has been gracious to us this past month with all the changes and getting settled in, we are in awe.
Hal
No comments:
Post a Comment